LOCATION OF OXYGEN SENSOR

Could someone please state the location of a oxygen sensor on my 1996 chevy pickup.It was scanned and it came up as : sensor one, bank one....It is a 4.3 litre, vin code "W"...Thanks

Reply to
thekaiser13

Troy Sigwing

There's one in the exhaust pipe BEFORE the catylitic converter and one after. You want to replace the one BEFORE.

Reply to
curmudgeon

I have traced the drivers side- and I did find the one in the exhast just before it turns toward the passenger side to connect into the Y--- but there is a sensor,it seems a bit larger, in the drivers side manifold just before it connects into the exhast by the firewall???? What would that be??

Reply to
thekaiser13

That sounds like the one. Does it look like a big spark plug with a wire or

3 wires covered comming out the tip?

Although it seems strange that you found 2 on the drivers side that close to the engine. go to autozone.com and go to add vehicle or something like that, add your truck then look for the part and location.

Reply to
ScottM

This sensor is the on infront of the converter I believe. This W series exhaust has one infront of the cat and one behind. The one behind the cat is a littl efurther down and up high on top of the pipe. highly recommend replacing both of them if possible. You may be able to clean them with alcohol and dry with compressed air also. Good luck.

Andrew.

Reply to
AWN