S-10 recline seat handle broke

Had to wait for wife in store. Lifted the recline handle to lie back a bit. The handle broke off in my hand. Truck is a '99 and I doubt I've used the recline thing 10 times.

The handle looks like a small screw held it into the shaft. It almost looks like shiny pot metal that fit into the handle just crumbled.

How expensive is this going to be to fix? While I don't use the recline feature 'often'. I do like my vehicle to be as good as can be.

please and thank you.

Reply to
FireBrick

A small vise-grip is the obvious solution, reusable for other functions once that '99 kicks you to the curb.

Reply to
nonsense

I just came in from closely examining this. The round, grooved plug or end of the rod that fit 'into' the handles looks too small and is fractured for a vise grip. I doubt it would stay together very long.

Reply to
FireBrick

As you can see, Nonsense is true to his name, a vise grip is NOT the solution. This is.

\

Reply to
Battleax

dynamite, that's got to be cheaper than Chevrolet repair.

Reply to
FireBrick