2004 Yukon Cig apadptor not working HELP!

Hi guys,

Plugged in a lunchbox stove to the cigarette lighter adapter 12 volt acessory. Was cooking up some stew. Wanted to make sure the battery was not getting low, so I started the truck.

As soon as I started the truck, the stove cut off. Now, there are two cig adapters in the truck in the front dash. The one that actually has the cigarette lighter is the one that no longer works. I looked at fuses on the driver side, but cant really see anything labeled cig lighter. I pulled a few like Secondary accessoty etc, and they look fine.

Are both cig adapters in the dash on the same circuit? If not, where in the heck is the fuse at? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

And yes, I have plugged other adapters into both, and only one is active (the left side is good).

Help. thanks guys!

Reply to
ULB

20 AMP fuse. Look at the diagram on the cover or in your owners manual. The stock GM lighter sockets like to short out when connected to a heavy load. They are a bear to replace in some vehicles. You can get them at most parts houses,
about $6.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Hi Al,

Thanks for responding.

So if I read that correctly, there really are two (2) sepratate fuses for each cigarette receptacle?

Reply to
ULB

The cigarette lighter fuse is located in the underhood fuse block, 15 amp

Reply to
aarcuda69062