PING: 89GMC - Test Drove the '07

Dude, you GOTTA have this truck. Get out the checkbook, as the dealers ain't dealin'.... I tested a Crew Cab LTZ 4x4. It was roomy, quick, and had a ton of options. I drove it around town and on the Thruway and it handled nicely overall. I'm 6'-3", 260lbs and I was very comfortable.

I don't really have anything to compare it to, as my '95 ext cab is

100 steps below it, and maybe 50 steps above my dad's '01.

I didn't particularly care for that eazy-lift tailgate thing, but I suppose I'd sit with the sales rep and build my truck anyway.

Price was kinda steep for a Chevy, $43K out the door. Personally, I think GM is really trying to impress potential buyers. I like the truck, and its styling, but the Wallet Clamp, aka wife, doesn't think we're ready to kick out 700 a month for something to drive. Besides, I know I can get another 10, 20 years outta my '95!!!!! (wouldn't THAT be cool!!!)

Go check one out, they're pretty nice...

Rick

Reply to
CHEVYDRIVER37.AT.YAYHOO.COM

Yeah, I hear you on the checkbook thing, wife is definitely not gonna let me get one anytime soon :-) Always interested to hear what they are like though, may look into buying a used one in a few years. Roominess is key, i'm 6'1" myself and that's why i drive a truck. Thanks for the update, I may have to go for a spin for the heck of it now.

CHEVYDRIVER37.AT.YAYHOO.COM wrote:

Reply to
89GMC