Titan

I'm trying to decide between the Tundra and the Titan. What are peoples first impressions of the Titan? It appears to be quite fully featured for the money.

-How is the off road performance? Rattles?

-Any large repairs or reliability issues yet? I know it is the first model year.

-Any feedback is appreciated!! Cheers

Reply to
Amphora

It depends on what you are doing with your truck. If you never tow a thing, you might be better with the Tundra. If you want serious towing capacity for a half-ton and some real HP, the Titan is it.

The other thing that made me buy a Titan apart from towing capacity, was the room in the Crew Cab. There is nothing out that compares, and the Tundras I looked at didn't come close.

Cons:

-Stereo reception sucks in the unit I have (SE model with 6 disc changer-non RF)

-A few squeaks and rattles

Other than that, IT'S GREAT!!

Amphora wrote:

Reply to
TopPoster

I prefer it way more than the Toyota, but...

I've read that there have been some problems with this due to the inexperience of the Mississippi plant and to some cheap materials.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Though I am a Nissan fan, I must confess I am worried about the image of Nissan as it would seem quality has fallen quite a bit due to the poor output at the new plant in Mississippi and declining quality in Smyrna:

Sadly I will not be suggesting the Titan, Armada, and Quest to those looking for cars. At least not until they can resolve the production problems.

Reply to
DC_Hawaii

I saw this article earlier today and thought about posting it to this NG. I read another article a while ago that Nissan had cut a bunch of suppliers about 3-4 years ago to cut costs.

On top of that Nissan uses outsourcing of their modules in the US. I'm not an auto industry expert but there's some debate whether this practice leads to quality control problems.

see:

Dave Stone

If you have AAA+ and like to ride in a tow truck buy a Nissan.

Reply to
Meat-->Plow

: : If you have AAA+ and like to ride in a tow truck buy a Nissan. Okay Tundra it is! thanks for your input!

Reply to
Amphora

Amphora wrote: .

As I remember they were not emphatic about it and truely it's too soon to know for sure, but surely it won't be any worse than a 79 Dodge D-100 :-P

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

It shouldn't take long to straighten out. And I hope they do, I may look at a Titan in the future, it's between that and a Power Stroke.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

That's what the article I read mentioned, was some cheap outsourced parts. Looks like they will ned to change suppliers and replace some poor decisions in current vehicles.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

To be totally honest If I were choosing a truck right this minute and didn't buy a diesel or a Hemi, it would still be a Titan over the Toyota. I however have some skill in making squeeks go away.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

: > : : > : If you have AAA+ and like to ride in a tow truck buy a Nissan. : > Okay Tundra it is! thanks for your input! : >

: >

: : To be totally honest If I were choosing a truck right this minute and : didn't buy a diesel or a Hemi, it would still be a Titan over the : Toyota. I however have some skill in making squeeks go away.

I am not that mechanically inclined, so I find attempting to fix things often leads to larger repairs, personal injury, or breakage (other than oiling, replacing bulbs, or other easy servicing). So reliability and high initial quality are important to me.

I thought about a powerstroke diesel but they are a bit too noisy for me and it's a Ford. I have had too many vehicles from the big three to go there again. A more reliable import is what I'm after.

Reply to
Amphora

Saw a Titan CC in the junkyard, rolled over a couple times not to pretty, reinforced roll-cage, NOT!

Thanx Chris

WindsorFox[SS} Silent Service maybe??

STSCS/SS ret.??

Reply to
sirkozz

OMG, name a regular 3/4 ton truck that have a reinforced roll cage.

What?

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

I don't know, but did you see those commercials about the Toyota PU? Dropped off a cliff in one spot, ran into by a monster truck in another spot. All without a bit of damage. That's proof enough for me!

Reply to
Bill Schnakenberg

Ok, I'm not even gonna touch that one....

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Pretty damn funny in my opinion

Reply to
believeit

Have had my Titan Crew Cab XE 4x4 since January, and haven't had any problemsyet, but there is a recall for the front seat belt anchorage points.

I have not found a truck that felt as roomy as the crew cab, and I have had it off into the Arizona desert without ant problems, ratteled some off road, but it feels like it can take the abuse when you are behind the wheel.

Reply to
firewolf65