CB Radio - '95 Truck

This might crack you up but...

I need some guidance as to how I can install a CB radio in my truck. It'a a 95 (barely pre-tacoma) ext. cab, V6, 4x4.

Everywhere I've looked (cb manual, websites, etc.) says to connect it to an empty accessory fuse, however my truck doesn't have any, at least not that I can find. I looked in the driver kick panel, and under the hood.

If someone could point me to a FAQ or something, or relay some personal experience I'd really be grateful.

Thanks,

Alan

Reply to
AnimalChin

You'll be much happier running a dedicated power and ground wire from the batter (or engine fuse block up under the hood - fues the wire for safety) and use that for the CB. I did that with mine after the first wiring into some spare power source inside the truck left a very noisy CB. After swapping to a dedicated power feed, its very nice and quiet:

Roger Brown

First of all *SORRY!!!* about the double-post! I should be beaten.

Second...

Excellent links! Those will help a bunch, but I've also got to figure out how to run the wires and mount the receiver. I've never worked on vehicles before so I'm pretty useless when it comes to things like this. Well...wish me luck.

Thanks again,

- AnimalChin

Reply to
AnimalChin