Radio/Wiper Problem

When I turn on the key and start my '97 S-10, the radio dims on and off, like there is a short in the wiring. It is tied in with the wipers somehow, as if I turn on the wipers and turn them right off, the problem with the radio quits. I am wondering of the wiper motor is trying to go to the off position and while that doesn't work automatically, it does when you turn the wiper switch on. I changed the wiper control board and that had no effect.

Does anyone know if the wiper motor tries to return to the rest position when you turn the key on?

Brad

Reply to
lnbn1975