Random hose leaking

I have a manual 98 Chevy S-10 and there is a hose thats running off of the coolent resivoir and i have no clue if that is suppose to be there? any help?

Reply to
kubbyk229

You might have two hoses coming from the coolant reservoir:

1) Reservoir to radiator 2) Reservoir to nowhere (overflow line).

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Thanks Doc, One more question. I know its the overflow hose now, how much should be coming out, if any? And would me parking on a hill(backing in on a driveway so that the front is down) effect it at all?

Reply to
kubbyk229

Ok I found out that i just have a broken water pump (FUN) but thanks for your help.

Reply to
kubbyk229

Not a big job at all. Should take you no more than 2 hours. Make sure you have a spanner wrench to get the fan+clutch off the pump shaft before you start ripping into shit.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"