Repair Manual

anyone suggest a good repair manual?

I find Haynes repair manual for the S10 fairly lacking in detail.

Reply to
dilbert firestorm

Avoid AllData.

You can't read any of their schematics.

Reply to
Bill

I guess if GM sell a manual that'd be the place to get one. Haynes manuals suck.

nobody #1

Reply to
nobody #1

What year? I have a spare factory manual for 94 S series.

If you want a good manual get the factory books.

Steve W.

Haynes/Chilton are full of mistakes. Haven't used AllData. I did use the online Mitchell On Demand once and found it to be complete if a little hard to navigate. They allow subscriptions for 1 week, 1 month, etc. Helm would probably be the best choice.

Reply to
scrape

Matched set.

Trust me, it would have been way over your head.

Actually, Mitchell is not all that complete, but for someone who

-doesn't realize- what's missing, I suppose it would -seem- complete. Their wiring diagrams are pretty good in a 'crayola crayon' sort of way.

Mitchell on line is very easy to navigate, you must be a bone head.

For the amateur market.

I think he should get another opinion, maybe from his dry cleaners...

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Our local library has two online manuals. Plus Chiltons and Motors professional manuals. Try yours. You can copy the pages you need for ten cents a page.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

The S10 model year is 2000.

thanx for the tip on the helminc manual. I had seen a factory manual written by an unknown company that was 3 times the amount offered by Haynes/Chilton books and CD in the google shopping search. I surmised that for that amount offered, it had to be better than what Haynes/Chilton manuals were offering.

I almost bought the chilton GM dvd manual and I had come across some fairly negative comments about them as saying it wasn't detailed as claimed.

Reply to
dilbert firestorm

well, I checked out Helminc.

the bloody things is overkill if you ask me. It includes every GM model between 1998 - 2008. Did GM mandate the manual be written this way? I supposed it would be easier for their mechanices to use them.

don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying for a good manual at a fair price $$$, in short you get what you paid for. $500 is a bit much for me, I only want a slice of the pie, but not the whole pie! :(

Reply to
dilbert firestorm

Sounds like you only looked at the "GM DVD" selection. Try the "Shop/Service Information" selection which is the paper book for $135

Reply to
Reed