Repair manual for 2000

I can find a repair manual (Haynes) for models thru 97 only. Is this of any use on a 2000? Does anyone know of a repair manual for a 2000 other than the Factory book?

Thanks

Reply to
Bob Chappuis

There is none. Factory or nothing. Sorry.

The engine is considerably different from 97 to 2000.

Reply to
Natman

There is a factory service manual for the 2000 Miata. It isn't cheap, but it is available at the link below.

There were changes, but my 1991 miata has a 1999 head bolted onto a 1994 block, so there are also a number of areas where the parts are compatible.

Pat

Reply to
pws

I got one from here on CD-ROM:

There are even some used hard-copy manuals currently available on eBay.

Reply to
Dana Rohleder

Reply to
Bob Chappuis

Sure the engines are similar, but a 97 manual won't help when it comes time to adjust the valves on a 99, for example.

Reply to
Natman

I was just pointing out that the engines do share many features as a side remark.

The topic of the thread was a person looking for a repair manual for a

2000 Miata. You stated that, "There is none. Factory or nothing. Sorry." This is untrue, as I pointed out with a link to a very expensive Mazda factory service manual for the 2000 Miata.

If service manuals were not available for the 1999+ miatas, we would have seen a lot of complaints about it here. I do seem to remember complaints about the price of the service manual, but nothing about one not being available. I am surprised that Haynes does not have one for the NB yet, I think that they would do well.

I wish that someone would do a NB enthusiast's manual. I find this book for the NA to be far more useful than a Haynes or the factory service manual for almost everything I do to the miatas I work on, which are mostly NA's.

Pat

Reply to
pws

The phrase "There is none" refers to aftermarket manuals, such as Haynes or Chilton. The phrase "Factory or nothing" means that there is no alternative to the factory manual. I hope this clears things up.

I agree. An NB version of the Enthusiast's Manual would be most welcome.

Reply to
Natman

It sure does. If we had been talking in person instead of writing, I probably would have picked up on it right away. :-)

Thanks,

Pat

Reply to
pws

Reply to
Chuck

is an initiative to help people tofind manuals. On this site, 2 kinds of manuals can be found:

  1. Manuals which you can download by our links to the manufactures;
  2. Manuals stored on this site, which are not provided by the manufacturer anymore.

We hope we can be of help in your search for specific manuals you may have lost.

Requests If you can't find the manual you are looking for, please fill in a request, so we can try to find it for you. We have loads of manuals which we cannot provide online, because of storage reasons, but send us a request and we will see if we can find it for you. Without any costs!!!

Add new Manual If you have user manuals which are not on our site, please place them on this site, so we can be of help to other people who have lost their manual.

Reply to
lars.america

Hi I needed to find a user manual for a slightly older used item that I baught on ebay. The site I used successfully was

I'm not sure it will work for you but there are alot of free manuals. Good Luck.

Reply to
ablum44