Kill Switch

I have an 84 CJ-7 with the 258 and I have done the Nutter Bypass... I was wanting to put a hidden kill switch somewhere so nobody couls hotwire the Jeep and drive off.... does anyone know which wire I would need to put the switch on?

Dennis Gann

Reply to
DGann

The coil negative wire will stop it or the coil positive wire if you connect it within one foot of the coil (before the splice). The negative wire can be tagged at the ignition module or at the harness just under the brake booster, it is the dark green one.

Mike

DGann wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Thanks again Mike... I think I will use the dark green one..

Dennis Gann

Reply to
DGann

Wire in a switch to the fuel pump wire running along the interior. Nobody is going to drive off without the fuel pump working.

-Brent Bogrees '89 YJ 4.0L w/ 33" BFG MT's and '98 XJ 4.0L driveline swap '94 XJ 4.0L w/ 31" BFG AT's

Brent Bogrees

Reply to
twaldron

Brent Bogrees did pass the time by typing:

ACC>------>switch>------>HORN mounted inide the cab

):D

If you want to make it harder on the thief, use a unconventional switch.

Some ideas

- Phono jack, take the plug with you on your keychain.

- Reed relay, take/move the magnet (not good for high current)

- Gut the ciggy lighter and use it as the switch (of course if the thief swipes your ligher your sunk)

- Hide a switch by your fog/locker/etc switches (to be real classic, label it "Siren" ala BatMan)

etc.

Reply to
DougW

twaldron did pass the time by typing:

Pump feed >-------o---o--------> Pump o---------> Horn hidden inside vehicle.

Use a relay and you could drive one of those "big-rig" style horns.

:)

Reply to
DougW

He has a CJ7 that doesn't need electricity for fuel, it can run off a jerry can sitting on the hood even.

Mike

Brent Bogrees wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

It is called a Smith & Wesson that's my kill switch.

Reply to
HarryS

God Bless America, ßill O|||||||Omailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I like mine better!

This Property is Guarded by Smith & Wesson Three Days a Week YOU PICK THE DAYS!

Reply to
HarryS

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)