Silverado update?

Any news on when Chevy will come out with a new Silverado. I would like to buy a new truck but would wait a little while if an update were in the works... Thanks, josh

Reply to
Josh Plumlee

Don't hold your breath. Although GM is shortening the length of time between new body styles, we are only 7 model years into the latest cycle:

1973 -1987 = 15 years

1988 -1998 = 12 years

1999 -2005 = 7 years

In my opinion, your best buy is a 2004 Silverado, because GM has increased prices and lowered quality and performance in its 2005 Silverados:

There are 3 differences in standard equipment for 2005:

2004 2005 4-wheel disk brakes Front disc/rear DRUM brakes

P235/75R16 tires P245/70R17 tires Max rating 2271 lbs. Max rating 2205 lbs.

Rear axle 3.42 ratio Rear axle 3.23 ratio

In the 2005 Silverado, the brakes have been compromised, the lower-profile tires have lower carrying capacity and a rougher ride and the standard rear axle provides less power, but it does deliver 1 mile per gallon more highway mileage.

If GM continues its downgrade spiral, the next Silverado body style will have a more expensive price, more plastic, less stability and its components will be further cheapened and less reliable. The rebates, financing deals and prices of the better-quality 2004 Silverados make them a better choice.

You can see where Silverado styling is headed by looking at the styling of Chevrolet's highly-successful Transformer-looking, multi-function Avalanche. In a few years, the plastic cladding and Buck Rogers styling of this Tonka truck will spill over into the Silverados. If that's the kind of truck you want you can wait a few years. If you want the last of the good Silverados, you can buy a 2004 model.

Reply to
One-Shot Scot

Before any of the fact checkers spot this glaring mistake, I would like to correct it:

_1988 -1998 = 12 years *** (Should have read _11_ years.) ***_

I apologize for any inconvenience that this error may have caused.

On the other hand, I'm sure that there are other fact-related problems with this post.

Reply to
One-Shot Scot

Oh godammit here he goes again.........................

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

ROFLMAO! Doc, you read my mind!!

Reply to
KB

LOL, I was just thinking that too!!

Reply to
vb

Yes indeed. But I, unlike you, have attempted to answer the question of the original poster. Furthermore, I have found additional information, related to the redesigned Silverado, which I will post under the original topic.

Reply to
One-Shot Scot

We are only 7 model years into the latest Silverado cycle. Now it appears that there may be 2 more years to go on the current design.

Here's where Silverado is probably heading:

2008 Chevrolet Silverado: Redesign.

One-Shot Scot