snow traction question

2000 Blazer with Kumho tires that are two years old and have 50% of tread per my local tire place. Snow traction is absolutely horrible for stopping and turns, I have to slow down to a near stop to take a curve on the backroads. I know it was a year ago, but it has never had such bad traction and I am driving very very slow when this is happening and I am in 4x4.

My question is if it is not my tires, could there be another cause for bad snow traction such as alignment or stabilizer issue? I'm trying to figure out what course of action I should take to figure out what I can do to make my winter driving not as much of a whitenuckle experience. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Reply to
patty cake