Speedometer 04

anyone had a problem with it? Mine decided to tell me I was running 120 mph parked and running 0mph when driving...I called the dealership to see what was up and they said it's happened to a lot of the 04's, mostly Suburban's and Tahoe's etc. I asked them if there was a recall and they said NOPE But we can fix it for $80. So I just mentioned my 95 Z71 i just sold with 180,000 miles and said I never had a problem with it . and I just gave you guys $48,000 for this truck and have had all my service done there, can ya work with that? and they said sure for $80... it just blows my mind.....

Have a Great One ! Bob

Reply to
Bob Perkins JustaBenz

Did you really buy a brand new truck without a warranty? This post seems unbelievable to me. I thought the only thing not covered was expendables. You also don't need a recall - if its broke you take it back and they fix it. (or am I missing something?)

Reply to
George

Yes I have 100,008 miles of total warranty. But after 36,000 the crap like that I have a $200 deductable. The way I see it is you spend $50,000 on a pick-up they should say screw the 3-year 36k and make it 3 year....or even 2 year or how about 1 year.......

Have a Great One ! Bob :)

Reply to
Bob Perkins JustaBenz

"Bob Perkins JustaB" wrote: > Yes I have 100,008 miles of total warranty. But after 36,000 > the crap > like that I have a $200 deductable. The way I see it is you > spend > $50,000 on a pick-up they should say screw the 3-year 36k and > make it 3 > year....or even 2 year or how about 1 year....... > > Have a Great One ! > Bob :)

I am having the same proble...happened right at 40K miles. Not what you would expect out of a $40,000 vehicle. If it is a common problem, they should take care of it, it is called a design flaw.

Reply to
taylormcc