Swapping seats in a 99 K1500

Hey guys, I just wanted to check and make sure this was ok to do. I found a '99 Chevy K1500 Z71 (old body styly still) with 90K miles on it at the chevy dealer yesterday and it has the 60/40 bench seat in it and I asked about having the seats swapped to bucket seats and adding the center console. The salesman said that he could do that but it would cost about $350 extra.. ok fine.. but I guess what I want to know is, should/would there be any problems doing the seat swap? I mean I'm not going to find my seat breaking loose from the floor one day while I'm braking hard am I? any other potential problems? I know this is kinda an odd question but I just want to make sure..

also he's asking $14,800.00 for the truck befor tax.. (that price includes the seat swap) I'm going to offer him $13,500 and start there to see what happens.. $16K is about all I can spend with TT&L and a warranty. and I'm gonna put $4000 down.

The great car buying game is on............

Adair

Reply to
Adair Winter

just happen to have a set laying around, the right color and all? Are they going to buy new ones for $350? I was just wondering, doesnt make since. One other thing, with 90K on it it will be hard to sell, you should get a hell of a deal....

Reply to
Scott M

I have no idea where the seats are going to come from, i don't think the sales guy did either, he just said his boss said they could get them.. and of course it was one of those, we think it will cost about $350.. so i wont be surprised if when it comes down to it thay cost more.. one way or another I'm going to shoot him a low price and work up to my max (slowly and hard headedly) and if he goes over.. he can sell it to some other guy with a jar of vasaline in his hand.. lol

Adair

Reply to
Adair Winter

ya it sounds like they are going to play a game of buy the truck and we will get the seats, oops I was wrong, cant find the seats, sorry.....

Reply to
Scott M