Trans Pan Gskt.

1990 1500 350/700od. Got a new filter kit from Gm dealer in a AC Delco package, it contains filter and 2 gaskets-1 cork type and 1 rubber type which is the best to use for a good no leak seal? Parts manager says cork, service manager says rubber ! Humm...What you guys think.
Reply to
Racer-X

rubber or that black fibre stuff ?

the fibre seals pretty well, but will stick to the pan pretty tight next time you need to change it

Reply to
TranSurgeon

If it matters, I have had no problem with the cork., and don't even like the looks of the fiber one. Seems too thin. Will not allow sealing compensation for a slight warpage of the pan IMHO.

Eightupman

Reply to
Eightupman

with 16 bolts, 'warpage' of the pan ceases to exist

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Yeah, I have only seen it when the pan has hit something and was not straightened out right. I guess it really depends on who is installing it. I have seen guys mash the crap out of cork and wonder why the thing leaks.......

Reply to
Eightupman

Reply to
Cheryl and Rob