Towing capacity of 2.8 S-10

Does anyone know how much weight I can tow with a 91 S-10 Tahoe, 2.8 6 cyl?

Reply to
Steve

I wouldn't tow more than 7 tons with it.

Reply to
Brent Parker

wimp!

Reply to
Slap

it is Stamped on the Bumper.. 2000 Lb Tounge weight !

unless u put on a reese hitch

Reply to
somebody

I think you put 2000 lbs on the bumper the bumper goes to the ground and the front end comes up 2 feet. Not sure of the HP/torque of a 2.8 ltr. Maybe with a good gear set (3.73, 4.10) you might be able to get a load moving. Go here and read a bit...

Slap

I think you better re-read that, I think it may say 200 pounds tounge weight, 2000 pounds trailer weight

Reply to
Craig M

u are correct !

What does a YARD of PEE ROCK WEIGH??

That what I carried in the box last week in my 89 s-10 Of Course I have OVERLOAD springs on the TRUCK !

Reply to
somebody

I'm not going to fall for that one.

There is no way *AnyOne* would even think of buying a yard of PEE ROCK and not getting it's weight. How would you tell the wife/boyfriend/girlfriend how much you shoveled?? How much your TRUCK could carry?? You better get back there and ask them, -then get back to us.

Reply to
Slap