90 s10 column shifter is real loose - park don't hold

How can above be fixed? Is there a way too adjust and tighten the linkage so that putting it into park will hold?

Also, anyone have advice on replacing emergency brake cables/hardware for this 4X2 4.3L s10, ext. cab - previous owner kind of rigged something up hat doesn't work at all. Tried to find online sources for parts found only napa having any parts at all. Thanks .......

Reply to
user

Seems like i've bought new bronze bushings for shifter linkage before. This will usually tighten up most of your slop, unless the linkage itself has had a chance to wear. On the e-brake, i've bought a loc of parts from junkyards in the past, mostly you just have to know what you are buying and check it out. Wayne

Reply to
wayne c

The adjustment is at the linkage at the TRansmission

I just Restore a 89 s-10 and I went to the DEALER and got the NEW SPRING WASHERS.. ONE at the Trannmy and another at the Steering column Total cost was less than 75 cents ( Remove looseness in the ROD )

I got all three cables from CARQUEST . around $60.00 if I remember correctly.

But it looks like LMCTRUCK has all 3 for around $50.00 Plus Shipping Now remember for parts you 4 wheel drive is Refered to as a T - Series Not a S - Series

This is when I found out that the 6ft Ext Cab Frame is Not the same size as the 7 ft box s-10

Reply to
somebody