Trouble code P0304 diagnose

I have a Trouble Code P0304 "Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected" on my 1998 S-10 Pickup, 2.2L. The motor will idle real rough and has little power. This problem is intermittent and I cannot seem to determine what the cause is. I have replaced both coil packs and spark plugs, but it keeps coming back periodically. Could this be caused just by a bad plug wire? Fuel injector? I'm hoping it's not the ignition module. That thing is $200. Any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated. Terry

Reply to
Terry Neer

Greetings,

From what I've seen in the past, a bad plug wire could be your culprit. Plus it should be relatively cheap and easy to replace.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Jonathan, Thanks for the reply. I agree with you. I'm going the plug wire route first. I had thought I may have changed the plug wires in the past, but my records show that I only changed plugs. We'll see if that gets it. Thanks. Terry

Reply to
Terry Neer

This might help:

Steve