luv 2.8 litter

i got a 81 chevy luv truck. my dad and isaw this web page and it was a v6 we think it is a 2.8 litter v6 so we wont to put one in it and see if it works befor i do i was wondering if i could be able to do it that way e-mail me at this adress cause i am not always in here. so pls could you give a 16 year old some advice lol thanks chris

Reply to
Chris Pueschel

yours a two wheel drive or a four wheel drive? going V-6 route would recommend 4.3 instead of

2.8. Nothing wrong with the 87 and newer 2.8 other than its been out of production for some time and after market performance parts are scarce. There are also a lot more 4.3's out there, it came in just about everything Chevy built rear wheel drive at one time or another since its introduction.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

A 4.3 upgrade is nice however an upgrade to a 3.4 is a more freindly drop in install. It is an improved 2.8 esentially, and will be able to use the same cooling system and at worse will need a chip in the computer replaced.

Reply to
Leon

thank you i will put the 4.3 l in it i would need to fab some but it will be worth it it is a rear wheel driv so it will make it easy on me and my dad we will have some fun with so hey thank any more advice please wright ok chris

Reply to
Chris Pueschel

He has an 81 two wheel drive Chevy Luv truck with a 4 banger in it.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

cool sounds like fun