turbos

yes i recently bought a 91 gmc sierra and i want to beef up the engine with a turbo or maybe supercharge it but i cant find any of these parts anywhere do u know of anywhere i could get these parts.

Reply to
wvuman162

Randal O'Brian

I am running a whipple supercharger (Twin screw) on my 94 burb right now and I am going to put one on a crate ZZ4 in my 96 PU

you can also look centrifugal super charger.

Banks sells a Turbocharger

Also spend the extra cash for an intercooler and headers.

Reply to
smoove

Turbo kits are very rare, and usually VERY expensive. this is mainly because of the atted cost of reworking the exhaust pluming to accomodate the turbo. Its just easier to supercharge a car/truck, so its a lot more common, as a result of beening easier and more common, its become cheaper too.

There was one company that was making a turbo kit for my truck, but then the project truck got hit and totaled the project truck and ended the development. I was pissed, I want a turbo kit for my truck!

Reply to
Trey

Take a look at this turbo - looks very interesting. Easy to install and not too expensive.

M Rothwell

The turbo does not get its power from the exhaust pressure, but from the energy of the hot exhaust gasses leaving the cumbustion chamber. By putting the turbo eight feet away from the exhaust manifold, and then also eight feet away from the intake manifold, there would be incredible turbo lag to deal with, if the turbo even helped. Another issue for me though, is I live in California. Unless it has a CARB number, it cant go under the hood... or bed in this case.

Reply to
Trey