What's this S-10 truck worth?

1997 Chevy S-10 extended cab, 2WD, 4.3 Vortec, automatic trans, 98,500 miles, manual windows and locks, A/C, missing tailgate (don't ask). Needs minor things like floor mats, a lever for reclining seat, rear view mirror loose, headlight has condensation. Exterior in good condition, runs and drives well.

I'm considering buying this. The dealer wants US$3995 but I'm not paying that much.

So, what's it worth? NADA, Kelley, and Edmunds prices are worthless.

TIA

Reply to
acctforjunk

as i have always said.. it's worth what you and the current owner agree on. if there is no medium look elsewhere for a truck..

Have a Great One ! Bob :)

Reply to
Bob Perkins JustaBenz

as an example, My 89 s10 4X4 ( All rusted out Michigan Truck) is worth $20,000.00 to me, since That is what I will have shell out to get it Replaced with a NEW one , even tho it cost me $8,300.00 NEW with 8 miles on it in 1989 !

Bob Perk> as i have always said.. it's worth what you and the current owner agree

Reply to
no one

On 26 Feb 2005 10:50:09 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote something wonderfully witty:

All depends on where you are at and what the market for Pickups are in your area. While KBB is usually a little out to lunch on the high side, NADA is supposed to be what dealers in your area have reported as an actual sale price on similar vehicles. I usually look for a price half-way between trade-in and private party values. In my area if it runs a pickup is usually worth a minimum of $2500.00.

From the overall description, which isn't a lot I would say somewhere in the neighborhood of $3k give or take $300. It is all going to depend on how much they got in it. Make them an offer and see what they say? Worse that can happen is they throw you off the lot. This has only happened to me one time. I usually don't buy used cars from Bubba lots anyways. This doesn't sound like a vehicle that a dealership would keep on the lot. Sounds to much like a beater.

I real good way to find out what it is worth in your area is to go to

and do a search on what all the comparable `97 S-10's are selling for in your area.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

The truck is worth whatever the dealer can get for it. If the asking price is too high, the truck will stay on the lot for a while.

However, dealers often put customers with bad credit into overpriced vehicles.

As they say in the car business, "there's an ass for every seat."

Reply to
One-Shot Scot

The same truck could likley be had for $2500 on the street.

Reply to
Rob Munach

Thanks to everyone who posted. The truck seems to be in fairly good condition, but apparently these things don't hold their value as well as I thought. I'm looking for one as an adddition to my car (paying cash).

I did f> >

Reply to
acctforjunk