Where to buy a rem. carb

Need to replace my carb on an '86 c10 (305 v8). Anyone purchase a rebuilt unit from a business they would recommend? I have a quote received quotes from $300 to $700.

Appreciate your help.

john

Reply to
casadontej

Generally I rebuild them myself. Although to be honest I have never rebuilt a QJet sucessfully, there was this one once when I was 18 . . . anyways, I'm more of a Holley / BG / Demon guy. I did notice in this month's Summit Catalog they too are now selling reman'd Holley and QJets. I'ld take a look at those and maybe give them a call with any mods you have done and see about getting one tailored to your app.

I've got an 86 Blazer with a pretty much stock 305. I swapped out the factory QJet, put an Edelbrock square / spread bore adapter and > Need to replace my carb on an '86 c10 (305 v8). Anyone purchase a rebuilt

Reply to
retorq

In lieu of a rebuilt quadrajet (even tho they're good carbs for off-camber, and have small primaries for somewhat decent fuel econ.), check out the Edelbrock Q-jet style carbs. They're 2-piece instead of 3, so you don't have any gaskets below fuel level, and they've got the same benefits I just listed for the rochester's. Factory reman ones can be had for the prices you're getting for your reman, but I'm not sure if they're gonna have one to fit the emissions (if you need it.......)

Jeremy

PS if you still need to go with feedback and all that crap, ask at AZ, but don't get the Champion rebuild ones, go for the holley rebuilt or other one....champion doesn't have a freakin clue how to rebuild a carb....i've had just about every one that I sold come back - and not for problems of them not knowing how to tune it.....base plates not fitting, gaskets not included, etc.....

Reply to
Jeremy Chavers

buy the Edelbrock-made QJ clone from Autozone

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

If you don't mind mailing, Quality Remanufacturing in New Orleans does a good job. Last Q-jet they did for my father two years ago cost about 125 or so. They are flow tested, and I didn't have to do any tweaking when it came back. And, of course, you get yours back.

Reply to
John Alt

Q-jet went to hell on my 85 C20 4x4 so I went witth a Edelbrock AFB type 600 cfm. Of course I had to use an adapter and modify the fuelline. Manual choke is the only way to go.

Reply to
LARRY929