Where to buy clifford alarms?

Hi @ll,

i hope you can help me. I'am looking to purchase a Clifford Concept 550 (the new G5 model). But, I don't need someone to install it because I'm very qualified in technics. So, does anyone know any places on the web which sell Clifford alarms for a FAIR price and export them to germany?

Thx in advance.

Ciao Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Schinzler

I think part of Clifford's security lies in the fact that they're picky about who does their installation. Their user manuals don't include installation instructions, the latter are seperate and kept by the installer.

But if you have the facilities and are qualified, you might apply to become a dealer/installer.

Reply to
John Ings

Um, bullshit. I've installed a clifford and if I remember I downloaded it from the web. Cant remember where though, but I had a wiring diagram.

This just shows you what a stupid bloody industry it is, that someone could actually have to apply to become a dealer just to install their own alarm. Just like automakers that have to use 4 different size bolts and a T50 torx bolt to hold on the bracket thats in the way of your oil filter - take it to the dealer, dont attempt these advanced repairs yourself! Installing an alarm is easy, anyone with an hour of training and $50 in tools can do it.

Reply to
Man_In_A_Black_Hat

Not with Clifford's permission it didn't!

Sure, that's why they let just anybody become a locksmith. Hey, what does it matter whether you're training a businessman or a burglar?

Reply to
John Ings

Ok, maybe I didnt, but I know I had one and it wasnt that hard to get, and I didnt go to an "authorized dealer". I know I've downloaded autopage diagrams from the web.

Security through obscurity is stupid, as far as I know anybody CAN become a locksmith. Its not like its hard, years ago I researched for a couple hours on the net and then made a set of picks with butterknives and a bench grinder and started practising. Its not like alarms or lockpicking is a big secret that we keep out of the hands of criminals by controlling information, duh.

Its not about security, if someone wants your car bad enough they'll get it, doesnt matter if you have $5000 worth of professionally installed equipment to protect it. All alarms do is make your car harder to mess with than the next one, so when they see (or hear) the alarm the theif moves on. Its about money, not security.

Reply to
Man_In_A_Black_Hat

And somewhere around the time of 01/28/2004 14:08, the world stopped and listened as John Ings contributed the following to humanity:

The install manual came with my alarm, complete with wiring diagrams. It was in the box along with everything else.

Reply to
Daniel Rudy

Yes, that's the way they're shipped to the dealer. The dealer is supposed to install the alarm and keep the wiring diagram out of the hands of car thieves.

Reply to
John Ings

"John Ings" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

So, you know where i can buy them like this?

Thx in advance.

Ciao Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Schinzler

And somewhere around the time of 01/30/2004 01:16, the world stopped and listened as Thomas Schinzler contributed the following to humanity:

In America? Best Buy.

Reply to
Daniel Rudy