Who shortens chevy truck frames so that a short bed will fit it?

I have a 83 chevy truck that is a long bed. I want to have a section cut out of the frame right behind the cab for the length of a short bed, then weld and cup frame back together. Who does this kind of work and how much would it cost? I will be able to fix the brake lines and drive shaft myself.

Reply to
bigstudd187

Where I'm at in NJ, most of the guys who do this kind of work are in the driveline (driveshaft) business. They do a lot of shortening/lengthening/wheelbase changing for the truck dealers. I would let them do the driveline as well while it's being shortened, there's a lot to get right with a driveshaft. Good luck, Ed

Reply to
Ed White

Also check the places that sell various utility and dump bodies.

Al

Reply to
Big Al