Will a lift kit void my warranty?

I was wondering if my warranty (not the oringinal 36k/3yrs, but extended through GMAC) would void if I was to put a 6" suspension lift on my silverado?

Reply to
jmex

Frank S.

And so would ford, dodge, toyota, honda, just keep naming manufacturers till you run out.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

What if you went to GM for the lift? Will cost more, but they might do it. I saw a new GMC Z71 still on the dealers lot that had at least a four inch lift, if not more. Underside of bed aligns with the top of the wheels. May only be a option if bought new.. Who knows..

Reply to
Bill

Have the dealership do it. Then your covered. Friend had his ranger done and had the ford place do it.

Reply to
kevin weaver

also your insurance company would not cover any problems like rollovers etc. old john

Hello, jmex! You wrote on 26 Mar 2006 12:23:00 -0800:

j> I was wondering if my warranty (not the oringinal 36k/3yrs, but j> extended through GMAC) would void if I was to put a 6" suspension lift j> on my silverado?

With best regards, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Reply to
<ajeeperman

Keep in mind that your local dealership is not "Ford" or "GM". Any warranty given by your local dealership would be _just_ from your local dealership and not any other Ford or GM dealer (IMHO)

Reply to
todd

Most likely they would not deny coverage. I've worked as a claims adjuster in Florida for about 10 years now. Many of those years handling non-standard policies (high risk policies which exclude almost everything). I've paid many claims where the person put an aftermarket intake filter near the front bumper of the vehicle. Well, when the street flood (and they do quite often in Florida) the intake sucks up water and sometimes fries the engine. Auto policies usualy exclude replacement of aftermarket parts but not the over-all coverage if the aftermarket part caused the damage. Of course, most insurance companies would then non-renew the policy.

Bottom line, read your policy and speak to your agent (but read the policy as well).

Reply to
todd

Hi!

You might be best served by asking your dealer or GMAC.

I put an aftermarket radio in a 2003 S-10 and used the factory speakers. A while later the one in the passenger's side door quit making sound. The truck was under a full warranty and the speaker was replaced by the dealership without incident or complaint.

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh