Latest threads in Chevrolet Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

TSB for Intermediate Steering Shaft 2004 Silverado
Greetings, Can someone please direct me to the proper TSB or part number for the lube kit for the intermediate steering shaft for my 2004 CHevy Silverado 2500HD. I had the shaft replaced under...
7
7

Swapping open for limited-slip differential?
I've got a 2000 siverado, 3.42 gears, open differential. (2wd). I recently bought a boat, and really wish I had opted for the limited slip differential now. I believe the gm code is G80 for this...
5
5

Re: last one: glue for trim plastic (grill)
Call your local salvage yard to see if they have one on a car in the yard. You can usually pick them up fairly reasonable

Fuel Cap Warning
2004 Canyon 2WD 4CYL For the last six - nine months, I have intermittently been getting the fuel cap warning in the DIC. After a few days, the check engine light will go away on its own. Two days ago...
8
8

my latest fubar
I thought you all might appreciate this, especially Jon( I know this is nowhere near your mishap but still amusing). After taking out and cleaning my vacuum modulator valve, I had been back in the...
2
2

FS 1969 Chev 3/4 ton truck
For Sale - Asking $1200.00 1969 Chevrolet ¾ Ton Pickup truck with canopy Picture available on request · Model CST · Full Size Bed · Engine 350 CU · Auto Transmission · Heavy-duty rear end...
1
1

New springs for the carb? Also, ID the weird vacuum port on the manifold...
Well...the K5 is officially back on the road...sort of. The last change I made to the carb (rejetting) before the fire apparently *did* lean it out a bit. However, there's a bad lean spot right off...
9
9

trans slipping
TH400, 125K on it, behind a 454. Never had a problem shifting/slipping at all until this week. Now after towing a trailer into the mountains it's slipping. Probably the obvious answer that I fried it....
5
5

Non-electronic lockup on a 700-R4...
So... I got the K5 back today. My tranny case was damaged and had to be replaced (according to the shop) so the bill was quite a bit higher than expected. Regardless, the head dude there said that...
3
3

2500 versus 3500? The difference?
Rookie, dumb, no-brainer question. I want a new truck. A diesel. Chrysler products are out (Lotta reasons, drive train mostly. The Cummins is a great engine, no doubt.) Ford hasn't the reliability,...
19
19

last one: glue for trim plastic (grill)
Last summer I hit a big bird and cracked the plastic grill in several places, including some of the mounts. I took it off and fixed it all up using 5 minute epoxy with embedded paperclip wire for...
6
6

Little flap thingie under tailgate
The flange that is the back of the box bed (you can see it as the narrow strip under the tailgate and above the bumper) is rotting and looks like hell. What's the best way to spiff that up? Is it safe...
1
1

Door Window Seal
The windows on my 86 1/2 ton have rotten outside rubber seals at the bottom. I plan to replace them, but the door itself, although in good shape (no rust or damage) seems to sort of bulge out toward...

Hood braces
I've seen X shaped hood braces on older cars, the welds on the hood of my 86 1/2 ton are all popped, and the hood is kind of floaty. LMC Truck sells some brackets, but they're just a couple of pieces...
2
2

Aftermarket tach for older 1/2 ton
That empty bezel bugs me. Is there an aftermarket tach I can get to stick in there? I note that LMC truck's catalogue lists fuel gauge w/tach or w/o tach, whatever that means. The illustration just...
5
5