03 Town & Country Spare Tire Woes

I have a 2003 Chrysler Town & Country in need of a tire change.

I've followed the instructions per the manual - I rotate the winch and the cable drops - unfortunately the tire doesn't. The plastic piece that holds the tire up is loose, but will not budge - even after some somewhat aggressive shaking. I've tried prying it loose, but no luck. I've also tried tightening and loosening the winch several times. I'd rather not purchase another spare if I can avoid it, my other car's spare is too small for the minivan.

Any ideas, or should I just give up.

cheers

raywiggins

Reply to
raywiggins

why not take it to a shop and have them repair the problem??????????????

Reply to
jed

Reply to
jdoe

The spare tire winch may have a pin broken and will not allow the cable to unwind.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

That did it. Thanx! I don't usually have temper tantrums with cars, but this one got me pretty close.

cheers

raywigg> There is a rube goldberg safety device (no doubt demanded by our wonderful

Reply to
raywiggins