04 pt cruiser

I just got an 04 pt cruiser for the wife and I am wondering what we can expect for gas milage. It is still breaking in so I know it won't be the greatest for the first few thousand. Its a great car so far but just wondering what to expect.

Reply to
sidewinder

My 03 PT is around 20 mpg in town have not had it on hwy. From what I hear they are not very good on mpg. More like a 6 than a 4 banger. I love mine and just deal with it, only have about 3,000 miles so far. Don

Reply to
Don Hamilton

I have a 2001 4 speed with about 31k.........

I drive it harder than my wife does

anywhere from 25 to 29 MPG

not many stops(1) or traffic lights (0) in our usual run of 16 miles

BUT, easy to go over 70MPH with out much effort.......

Also a 61 mile ride east over the Coast Range Mountains....rarely have to brake or even shift, but for about 3 places. Have hit 3 digits on the downhill (mileage does drop off)

-- snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com In the words of the IMMORTAL USED CAR DEALER: THERE IS AN ASS FOR EVERY SEAT!

Reply to
Howard

I have a 2001 with 56,000 miles and an automatic. I get, if I'm lucky about

19 mpg and my wife gets probably 24 mpg.

Reply to
CopperTop

Reply to
sidewinder

Hiya all,

Just replaced an'01 with an '04 two weeks ago. It uses a lot less petrol that the jag or the granada. Uses more if we go 90 ish instead of 70 ish on the motorway, uses more if I drive than if the girlfriend drives. But we bought it for the looks and not for the mpg. Woulda got a V8 if there was one over here.

enjoy it.

pottsy.

Reply to
pottsy

Did you happen to noyice that big sticker on the window when you were looking at the car? You can find the mileage figures there.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

Reply to
sidewinder

Yep, reality and that sticker don't have much in commen!!!

Reply to
SRG