How's the PT-Cruiser??

Hi, I'm considering a one owner' 2001 pt-cruiser from a local chrysler dealership. Any oppinions good or bad, on the pt's? Thank You,

Yvonne

Reply to
redsuedeshoes

I've owned a 2002 since August 02. We love the car, roomy for its size, handles well, fun to drive. Good quality. For more info, go to:

It's a great website and loads of links toother PT Cruiser websites. Use the forums there to ask any question. Good luck! SRG

Reply to
SRG

Had my 2001 since Oct of 2000 and it now has 56,000 miles. No problems or issues with it. Still looks as good as it did new. I love that little car.

Reply to
CopperTop

I'm on my second Cruiser, if that tells you anything. I only sold the first because I was nearing the end of the then 36K warrantee and they had terrific rebates and loan rates (plus a terrific new Electric Blue color...). The only major problem has been a leaky steering rack ('03 model) which is in the process of being fixed right now. I really love the PT. For my purposes, I even think it has enough power! I only wish mileage was a tad better: low 20's overall

****************************** Got wood? Check out my exotic hardwood pennywhistles at fair prices...
BREWERPAUL

Reply to
sidewinder
2001 5 speed just under 31,000 miles

Not a "race car" but with paying attention to shifting (when needed) for passing it is adequate. Enough room for most things, luggage and so on. MPG averages around 28, with lows at 25+ and high around 30. Visibility through the back window (high) is very limited.

Over all I like it and would recommend one

-- snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com In the words of the IMMORTAL USED CAR DEALER: THERE IS AN ASS FOR EVERY SEAT!

Reply to
Howard

Hi Yvonne,

I purchased a Neon in 2001 and when I picked it up I saw the Cruiser at the dealership ... love at first sight! Last August a female crashed into my Neon, had a total loss and got the dream earlier than planned.

Mine is a 2001, 2.0 Ltd automatic. People say it doesn`t have enough powwer, but for my needs it is ok. Enough room to put lugage, groceries etc in it. Gas milage could be better (it`s sorta horrible for german gas prices), but I can live with it. Visibility thru the rear window sux, so You might consider some sort of electronic sensors for that.

But else ... buy it, You won`t regret it ... :-)

Reply to
Hans Mücke

Hiya Yvonne,

just traded an '01 for an '04. wouldn't have got another if they were horrible. (is it a red one, in the UK?) reasonable power, ace looks, very very practical, cheap to run, had a couple of fixes under warranty, (a door rubber and the engine management light came on) apart from servicing and a set of front tyres at 20k it started, drove and stopped just fine.

get it and enjoy it.

pottsy.

Reply to
pottsy

its was a good website except the admin Jody is a Moron, I was an active member of his forums, in the top ten for posting, I made the mistake of giving a bad review to one of his sponsor's, which got me banned from the forums on his site..

Reply to
Punch

Hi Yvonne:

I have a 2002 that I bought new, and I am up to 28,000 miles. So far:

Interior trim has been replaced in some ares due to the paint flecking off Two of the four tires have had to be replaced I have UV damage on the exterior trim pieces around the windows, and those will need to be replaced soon The rear bumper is starting to turn white from a a factory paint problem A wire has worn through the passenger front seat Something is loose in the door that I haven't had a chance to check out

All in all, I still like the car. I've got to warn you, I find PT owners to be a strange bunch. They rave about these cars, but if you do a little prodding most of them have had problems similar to mine. If you don't mind having to take the car in every once-in-awhile, you'll probably be happy. If a new/newer car with these kinds of problems irritates you, give Daimler awhile longer to work the bugs out. I've seen a ton of them this winter with the bad plastic panels, and they look HORRIBLE.

If you do get one, be very careful changing lanes on the highway. Check all your mirrors AND look behind you. This car definitely has some blind spots.

Good luck, Steve

Reply to
Steve Moore

Steve, Why have you bothered to keep it if you've had that many problems? I have

2002 Limited and bought it new. I had to have the air sensor replaced at 8,000 miles covered under warranty. What kind of climate do you live in? I just wouldn't put up with a new vehicle that has encountered as many problems as yours apparently has experienced. All I can say is that I'm glad it is you and not me. Actually, I should be saying DC should be glad it is you and not me. I've been known to clear a showroom floor or waiting room when I feel I'm getting the short end of the stick. They can't shut me up quick enough. I'm not a fan of dealerships and I've witnessed too many times when their best deal is far from fair. Warranties are a joke! They are only as good as the dealership that offers them.

Enough said, Steve

Reply to
Steve Porter

I own two of them (2003 and 2004). So I guess that says we're happy with them. Great cars, and yes, (previous post), pt cruiser owners tend to be a "weird bunch" that rave about the car-- it's almost kinda spooky/cult thing. But, great handling, great room and "flexible" with all the cargo conversions. I doubt anyone who has something bad to say would even find this forum....so I don't know if you'll find any bad feelings about the pt cruiser here. Fun to drive (even without the Turbo) and you "sit high" in the car (I like that, maybe some don't). On the 2003-2004 the window controls are in the center of the dash, takes a bit to get used to that.

Reply to
Doug Brower

Reply to
mic canic

20,000km pt gt, no problems yet....
Reply to
Punch

According to Consumer Reports, PTCruiser reliability is comparable to Japanese imports. You seem to have a lemon.

Reply to
Art

Really? I thought PT reliability was GOOD!

:-p

Reply to
Steve

Thanks Steve. Now this is going to turn into another US vs Japanese car thread. I might as well be the first one to jump in.

Obviously there are still some under the assumption that Japanese cars are better. Consumer Reports have been known to accept a few Yen here and there under the table to favor a product. To say the PT is comparable to a Japanese car is a slap in the face to the PT.

Reply to
CopperTop

Really? Can you provide a citation or reliable source for that? (Not arguing, just curious)

Reply to
Greg Houston
040302 2152 - CopperTop posted:

The PT Cruiser is not an American car; it is a Mexican import.

Reply to
indago

If I'm not mistaken, it was on 60 Minutes a couple years ago. Some may not consider them a reliable source but did not hear of any lawsuits about the story as opposed to the grocery store chain "Food Lion" and their law suits.

Reply to
CopperTop