'04 UK Voyager

Just changed from an Audi A6 1.8T Multitronic to a 2004 Voyager 2.5CRD manual (couldn't afford the Grand Voyager).

Reasonably impressed with the build though not up to the Audi and still trying to get used to the diesel and lack of power, overtaking needs a bit more planning now :-)

Couple of questions..

1) Is there anyway of getting the radio to be independent of the ignition ? On the Audi you could switch it on and it would stay on without the key in the ignition for up to an hour. Right royal pain in the arse for the Radio to keep going on and off.

2) How easy is it to retrofit the overhead computer ?

3) Can you get replacement door seals that are better than the originals, noticed a hell of a lot of wind noise and when I checked the seals are pretty flimsy and don't fit quite right.

4) Can the power outlet points be setup independent of the ignition ?

Reply to
mrliam

[In the States, on my Limited model, the radio stays on until you open the door. Could be your model lacks that function; ask the dealer. You could always run the power line from the radio to the battery directly, through a fuse]
[Something is wrong. If new, this is covered by the warranty. Wind noise is not a problem on any new models I have experienced]
[There is a dummy relay that can be plugged into the relay/fuse panel that will keep the power outlet on all the time (ask the parts department), or you could simply make a bypass wire that plugs into the relay panel]

Richard

Reply to
Richard