Voyager

Please excuse the ignorance, but Chrysler is almost an "unknown" manufacturer in Australia By that I mean they are very low volume compared to other makes (esp japanese) here.

My Brother bought a Jeep 2 years ago, & while it looks nice from a distance IMHO build quality and the cheap / flimsy plastic bits look very low quality compared to Toyota, Mazda etc manufacturers.

However despite that I'm considering purchasing a new Chrysler Voyager van. In my research I came across a "pontiac voyager" is that the same vehicle? is pontiac = chrysler?

I did find a couple of sites with a fair number of complaints re mech failures in the voyager, but is that just a minority?

Any info on the V6 model re build quality, reliability, economy etc appreciated. TIA

Reply to
<richard>

Pontiac is GM (Chevy). Plymouth is Chrysler (as in Plymouth Voyager).

-- Christian

Save Darfur --

Vision (Darfur) --
(Sudan) --

Christian M. Mericle

Never say this in the Chrysler NG... you'll be flamed...

:-) DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

On Fri, 27 May 2005, it was written:

Pontiac is a General Motors brand, not a Chrysler brand, and has never sold a vehicle by the "Voyager" name, in any market worldwide. I suspect you (or perhaps the seller of the Pontiac) simply got his vehicle's model name wrong.

It's very powerful, and the 3.3 and 3.8 litre V6s are extremely reliable and durable engines. The automatic transmissions have been developed to the point where they're as troublefree as any comparable transmission out there. The ancillary systems (electrical, fuel, aircon, etc.) are generally reliable as well. But it will not be economical of fuel by Australian standards. The turbodiesel/5-speed manual trans variant will be much less expensive to run, if you can find one of those.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

PS. You see quite a few Chrysler Voyagers on the streets of London. An acquaintance of mine has one. When we talked a bit about cars he didn't say anything negative about. He just expressed satisfaction at its practicality.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling