05 Chrysler 300C A/C filter

Does anyone know where the A/C filter is located? It's one of the 30K scheduled maintenance items.

Reply to
4-2LGW

Not all models have this filter, if yours does it will be located under the hood inside the fresh air inlet housing of the HVAC Housing. Remove the inlet grille from the wiper module. Open the filter door on the top of the filter housing and pull the filter out. Keeping in mind the filter is directional. The direction of the air flow is indicated by an arrow.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

I've never owned a car with an air filter, and its a maintenance item that I would NEVER want.

However, I may someday want a used Magnum or Charger. If it has the filter, is there a simple way to delete it?

Reply to
Steve

They are here and here to stay!!

It isn't a hard-drive or a program. you cant delete it!!

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower

If its a paper filter in a cartridge, just WATCH me "delete" it (by cutting the paper out of the cartridge and putting the empty cartridge back in to prevent air leaks.

Good filtering is essential in a building where air is recirculated over and over and over through hundreds of peoples' offices (and lungs and sinuses, and furniture, and copier toner, etc. etc. etc.).

There's no POINT in filtering in a system like a car AC that continually draws in fresh air. If you're that allergic to the great outdoors, get outta the gene pool already! :-)

Reply to
Steve

When I changed my filter it has all kinds of wild life including a dead bee. I think it is a good idea.

Reply to
Art