1986 Chr Laser

Hi,

Have a question regarding a 1986 Laser. It has only 30,000 Miles, 50k. Car is an XT all Black exterior and interior, has AC. No rust been in a garage always, never winter driven. This car was owned and driven by my mother who needless to say did not drive much and now is unable to drive at all for the last few years.

My question is simple, is this car worth anything or just the book value plus a little bit more. It seems a waste to let this thing go for the 500-1000 dollars that a few immediate sources are saying.

priti

Reply to
priti

Hi,

Have a question regarding a 1986 Laser. It has only 30,000 Miles, 50k. Car is an XT all Black exterior and interior, has AC. No rust been in a garage always, never winter driven. This car was owned and driven by my mother who needless to say did not drive much and now is unable to drive at all for the last few years.

My question is simple, is this car worth anything or just the book value plus a little bit more. It seems a waste to let this thing go for the 500-1000 dollars that a few immediate sources are saying.

priti

Reply to
priti

Not worth more than people will pay for it.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

For that little dough you'd get for it and the condition it's in, I'd just keep the thing.

Reply to
frenchy

I have a 1990 Plymouth Laser, still runs very well but worth diddley squat. It has 250,000 km on it and the exhaust has gone. I am told that the exhaust system is about $900 to replace, a wrecker offered me $50 and a dealer $150 to trade it in, sooo the exhaust is noisy and I will drive it until it basically drops. My wife wont travel in it stating it is an embarrassing hazard- another advantage!!

Reply to
Keith

All well and good. However, a 1990 Plymouth Laser is in no way, shape, or form related to a 1986 Chrysler Laser. Don't think they even have a bolt in common. The Plymouth Laser is a re-badged Mitsu$hitti Eclipse, as was the Eagle Talon. the 1986 Chrysler is a K-car based Chrysler-built car (same chassis as the contemporary Dodge Daytona) with either a 2.2 or 2.5L engine. There was a turbocharged version of the Chrysler Laser which would obviously be more valuable to a collector or turbo enthusiast.

As Daniel Stern said, its worth what someone will pay for it. Consierably more if it is indeed a turbo, but there are probably a good number of K-car fans who would love to get a nice low-mileage Laser even if its a garden-variety non-turbo. Most of them got run out to a zillion miles and beat to heck. IMO, they were one of the better-looking incarnations of the K-car chassis. Which is to say they didn't resemble a shoebox! :-)

Reply to
Steve

And here's my favorite (I have a black 85)

frenchy

Thanks to all who posted responses. I doubt its a turbo but I will check, the car far away right now. 30,000 miles, I almost had a heart attack when I my dad showed me. There has to be a fair bit of life left in this car. I will have to get it checked out though as I suspect noone has even started this car in at least a year.

Reply to
priti