alignment of new speed sensor

I replaced the speed sensor, I no longer get a code 15 for No speed/distance sensor signal, however, I still don't have a output to my speedometer and I still stall when I'm in neutral while slowing down.

The only codes I get back are a 12 and a 55.

I heard the term "indexing" the sensor... some alignmnet to the housing, anyone know what / how to do this? It appears the sensor gear has meshed ok inside the transfer case.

Any ideas on what to try next?

Thanks

Reply to
updawaz00

Rotate it until the index points to the markings on the case that coincide with the # of teeth on the speedo gear. You may have to go a little one way or the other to get it to work. Mine has never worked the first time after the couple times I have changed speedo gears.

Jerry

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

See the following pages for illustration:

Ed J.

Great! This is what I need right below from:

"You will notice that there are a series of number located along the side of the speedometer gear housing. Select the appropriate tooth gear range you just installed and rotate it until it is aligned with the raised dot on the transfer case as shown in the pic to the left." That has been my question from the beginning and it is now resoved.

I think I need to change my gear anyway... it is marked 30 and my tires are 31, stock rear (what is it?) .... it is not even on the chart.

Thanks

Reply to
updawaz00