1993 Dodge Caravan-Power Window

I have a 1993 dodge caravan that the driver side power window quit in the down postion,what I was wondering was is their anyway to manually raise the window. Also how do the cables release from the motor. Thank you.

Reply to
msaylors

I would suggest obtaining a Factory Service Manual, or taking it to a shop that can do such repairs. Serious hand injury can occur if the tension is not released correctly, when trying to manually raise the glass.

-KM

Reply to
kmatheson

On 13 Dec 2006 08:58:10 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@sisna.com" spake thusly:

What tension? I replaced my power window regulator on my 93 Caravan just this past summer. It was an absolute piece of cake. The regulator/motor/cable assembly appears to be unserviceable but it is very easy to replace. What happened to mine was a plastic guide acts like a pulley and the cable eventually cut it. The cable went slack and the window dropped. I am told that this is quite common on older Caravans like mine and the original poster's. This may be the original poster's problem.

In my case, I went to my favorite pick & pull boneyard and pulled a good out out of one of the vans there. This gave me a great opportunity to see how it all went together before I tackled mine. That's one great thing about self-serve auto wreckers, the opportunity to explore and learn.

Once I had the replacement part in my hand, the whole replacement process took about half an hour. Not bad, considering that I had never done one before. It was surprisingly easy.

YMMV

Reply to
Opus-