Replacing Power Window Motor

I need to replace the power window motor on my 1999 dodge grand caravan...passenger side door. Has anybody done this? Is it any easy replacement?

Reply to
robert

mic canic

thnaks for your reply. I was looking at a chiltons manual today and from what they say is you tape the window from falling then you remove the old motor with the drum in place with the cables. install the new motor in place and remove drum off old motor and put on new motor. it mentions that you may have to move the glass slightly up or down to align the drum on the motor...at least this book shows it as fairly straight forward. it sound like the cables stay rolled up in this drum as you transfer it to the new one.

Reply to
robert

Well I installed the new power window motor in today and it took a total of 2 hours...that includes removal of the door panel and putting it all back together again...a very easy job to do and saved a total of 210.00 bucks by doind it myself...I think I will go out and have a good steak dinner...

Reply to
robert