1995 Concord 3.3L code 33

Off and on over the years I've gotten the occasional Power Check with code "33". Now it is 100% chance that the Power Check comes on in the first 10 minutes of driving.

I'm concerned that a Power Check caused by a real problem will occur and I'll not see it, resulting in some sort of damage. Does anyone have any suggestions what I look at to stop this erroneous Code "33".

TIA

Reply to
Spam Begone

Hi...

"An open or shorted condition detected in the A/C clutch relay circuit"

Not a mechanic, but thinking out loud... shorted would almost certainly blow a fuse, so likely open.

How about a quick visual check of the wiring at and near the AC clutch; then pull the AC connector and clean up the contacts a bit.

Take care.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel