Heat/Air controls

Today, as my wife was getting ready to take some visitors to the zoo, she noticed that the temp readout on the heat/ac panel of her '99 300m was bad. When trying to set the automatic control to 72º, it would go up the scale to

32º then just read "Hi". I messed around for a while and couldn't get it to work right. I'll hear about it later if it gets too hot or too cold on their trip.

Any ideas? I spent a half hour on the 300 board, but didn't find the problem discussed. I'm hoping you're reading the ng Bill.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Shulthiess

I don't know anything about them newer ones, but, is there an option to show temperature in Celsius or Farenheit? Have an Owner's Manual?

Larry Behold Beware Believe

Reply to
Larry Crites

I've posted here before about the problems I've had with my 2000 300m.

Specifically, (and it will only happen maybe once every winter) while driving (usually highway) during snow/sleet/ice storms where snow buildup happens on front (and maybe under) the car, the external temp readout will drift upwards (from the 30's to the 50's) and the interior air will start to blow cool air (even when manual temp control is set high).

There seems to be some sort of connection (mechanically or programmatically) between the exterior temp sensor and the internal heat controller.

Reply to
MoPar Man

May be set on Metric,

Reply to
maxpower

Y'all found the problem. Daughter borrowed the car yesterday, and in trying to find the garage door opener, punched all the buttons up top. Reset to ºF and all is well. Thanks for the responses.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Shulthiess

Reply to