1999 dodge neon sports

I have a bad rattling coming from the belts area where the serpentine belt is. I got the diagnostics code but still have no idea what it means.

P1390- octane adjust pin out of self test range?

The car runs fine except for that racket.

Any1 have any idea what that means please?

Thx in advance

Reply to
marij1105

View this thread:

Im still trying to figure out what you mean???

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

The check engine light came on when the racket started. That is the code and what it means, but i don't understand it.

Reply to
marij1105

View this thread:

P1390 is telling you that the timing belt has jumped a tooth or more. more then likely the water pump is making the noise (bearing failure) and this caused the belt to jump. Don't keep running this vehicle until you get it fixed. Major engine damage could occur.