2000 Caravan windshield fogging

My windshield keeps fogging up while driving. It's almost like the re-circulating switch is not working to allow fresh air in. It has never happened before. I've turned the re-circulating switch off and on and it seems to be working by the indicating light and the noise from the blower. Does anyone have this experience and the fix? This is the first rain after a long hot spell and I have been using the air-con quite a bit. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

C K

Reply to
CK Cheong

Clean the inside of the windshield and apply Rain-X Anti-Fog.

Fogging can happen regardless as long as you have a cold windshield and high humidity inside the car.

Hot air holds more water. A rain after a hot spell cools everything down very fast, the air cannot hold the moisture, and the moisture precipitates on things, particularly things colder the the surrounding air.

If it keeps happening, start checking your water level in the radiator every morning, if it is dropping you may have a small leak in the heater core.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Is your AC compressor working? It almost sounds like you aren't getting the dehumidification provided by the compressor when in defrost mode.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Reply to
mic canic

Thanks "mic canic", "Matt Whiting" and "Ted Mittelstaedt" for responding to help me out.

There's no drop in my coolant level, heater and air-con works like normal and as I said before re-circulating switch seems to be working as blower noise changes when I plays with the switch.

Is there another place I should look at?

Where is the intake for the outside air to the blower?

Will I improve anything if I remove the " air door motor" and check the door operation?

Thanks again.

C K

Reply to
CK Cheong