2000 concorde

RKE no longer works and drivers side door doesnt work as an electric lock either also wipers are acting funky possible bad BCM ?

Reply to
Rich

Did these problems all start at the same time - IOW do you think they have a common cause?

Suggestions: Replace battery in RKE. Disconnect starting battery for 5 minutes (remove nut on main ground (i.e., negative jump post on right-side strut tower). This may take care of lock and wipers if BCM related by resetting the BCM. Any strange grinding noises coming from the driver door latch when you try to operate the electric lock?

Bill Putney

Besides what Bill said. whenever that cars acts funky check battery and several body ground connections.

Reply to
Art

I have a driver's side door lock that does make grinding noises when the key fob switch is activated. I usually do not use it now. Is this something that can be fixed without having to replace that part?

I have been reading this group for about 2 months and hoped to see some other stuff about my 2000 Concorde. I am looking for the front hood facia as mine blew off after one of the clips broke.

bj

Bill Putney wrote:

Reply to
nwspinner

No - replace the latch as a unit - not hard to do. The lock motor is built into the latch - not separately servicable.

Suggest you check out the 300M Enthusiasts Club (Club site

forums
are no good Concorde-specific sites/clubs/forums, but fortunately both the above sites welcome Concorde owners - dodgeintrepid.net even has sub forums for the Concorde. I speak as the owner of two Concordes (a '98 and a '99).

Some guys on DI.net deal in used parts, making frequent trips to junk yards and have built up a good reputation for fair dealing and service/special orders. Also, there are certain on-line DC dealers that give significant discounts on new OEM parts - you can easily save 20+% even after shipping costs.

Bill Putney