2000 Sebring 2.5L V6 Won't Turn Over When Temp Is Below 26 Degrees F

I have a 2000 Sebring LXi Coupe with the 2.5L V6 38000 miles I recently drove it from Florida to Pennsylvania where I'm working. I've had the car for almost a year without any problems at all. Now when the temperature outside gets below about 26 degrees the car won't start. It won't even turn over. No clicking. No noise at all. AAA replaced the battery after the first time but it didn't help at all. All other electrical items work fine. Lights, radio heather fan etc. When the temp is below 26 I have been going out every 15 minutes or so to try it and as soon as it warms up the car starts right up and runs fine. I hooked up an OBDII tester and there are do codes. Anyone ever heard of anything like this?

Reply to
Greg McDonald

If it's a fresh battery and you have checked out the battery cables to the starter (the high current ones) and it's still doing it, I'd say starter selonoid or starter.

Let it cool down below 26 then test continuity on the starter selonid with an ohmmeter

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Aren't codes mostly for things that cause air pollution?

No. Time to get out the voltmeter. Start at the battery post and follow it until there is no voltage. Check out the starter switch too.

mm