PT going in for Timing Belt Surgery....

After 94k...Let the "Fun" begin...

"Ouch$$"...

Reply to
pe2

let us know how it went !! did it break or is timine gone?

104,000 on my 01 and runs great . the 1 thing i did learn was that chrystler built this motor so that when the belt breaks it will not hit anything from the head to save on repair cost.belive it or not they only thing i have done to my boy is replace the rear break backing plate. rusted through. oil, breaks and reg. cleaning of air filter has kept my boy running like a top.BUT the only thing i do not like is that it seams to burn oil 1 court every 4000 miles. 20000 miles of that is trips back and forth to FL. good luck !!! silver 01 turing ed. 104,000 mile and 8 more payments and the boy is all mie!!!!!!!! :p

Reply to
Sean&Heather

Timing belt recommend replacement at 120k on this vehicle. But if your going to do it you may as well replace the water pump also

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Thanks glenn-

got the bases covered. timing belt/tension pulley/water pump/anti-freeze, a mere grand total of $210.00.

SAAAAAAAAALute!

And no, the belt didn't break or no noise on the water pump-right now I have the extra cash to get'r done thanks to Uncle Sam, so I'm getting priorities straight. General Maintenance....

pe2

Reply to
pe2

Sounds like a reasonable plan if you have the bucks.

Reply to
do not spam

And the labor?

Reply to
maxpower

The 120,000 mile recommendation from Chrysler is conservative; but it's your money.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

Glenn,

When should this be done for a 2002 300M?

Ken

Reply to
NJ Vike

Off the top of my head I cant answer that and Im at home now and wont be going in till Tuesday. That schedule is supposed to be in your owners manual, Have you looked? And you don't state what engine, if it is the 2.7 it has a chain. Let me know if its in there ok.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Off the top of my head I cant answer that and Im at home now and wont be going in till Tuesday. That schedule is supposed to be in your owners manual, Have you looked? And you don't state what engine, if it is the 2.7 it has a chain. Let me know if its in there ok.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Glenn,

I'll take a look at the manual this weekend. I do have the 3.5 in the 300M and only have about 23K miles so I believe I'm fine for now.

Ken

Reply to
NJ Vike