2000 voyager power steering noise

I had the steering rack replaced at 45k miles. Now at 70, I was low on powersteering fluid. I put some in and still hear a noise when I turn the wheel. I have not seen any leaks. Does anyone know what this might be ?

Reply to
johnfail

I know it is not a Chrysler but Ford for years was having problems that they could not figure with some Taurus's that had power steering noise. Kind of a hiss all the time when wheel turned even slightly. I had a Taurus without the sound and after a leak was fixed it started making the sound and the dealer told me it was normal. I did not pursue it because I sold the car but years later I read that Ford finally figured out that kinking power steering hose caused the excess noise. How stupid are they that it took years to figure that out. Anyway you did not discribe the noise. If a hiss maybe my kink idea might help.

Reply to
Art

Thanks, a friend of mine mentioned fords. I will look at the hose. It is hard to believe that I am the only one with such a problem.

Reply to
johnfail