2001 Grand Caravan outlets to always on?

I see in my owner's manual that the 12V outlets in the car that are currently only powered when the ignition is on can be switched to be constantly powered by my helpful dealer. Does anyone have information on how I might accomplish this myself?

Thanks!

Reply to
Tom Simes

Under the hood is a black box called the PDC, if you lift the cover and look at the fuses you will see a 20amp fuse that says batt/ign. take it out and put it in the batt slot. I think if you read the owners manual it may even tell you in there

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Woo Hoo!! On mine the black box is labeled IPM (I think), but right there was the 20A fuse and the molded batt/ign label. I looked for this info in the owners manual, the Haynes manual and the for pay consumer Alldata for the vehicle and the only reference I could find was the mention in the owners manual that the dealer could switch it for me.

Thanks Glenn!!

Reply to
Tom Simes