2001 LHS 3.5 engine.

Just for the record does my 2001 LHS 3.5 have a timing chain or timing belt or what? It will be a few years until I have to think of it.

Reply to
RWatson767

It has a timing belt.

Bill Putney

Reply to
Mike Behnke

Are you certain. I know they made some major changes, but my 97 Intrepid with 3.5 is a belt, but non-interference, as I learned when the belt prematurely snapped(about 60k Kms).

James L>

Reply to
James Linn

The 3.5L was switched to interference in 1999. Gates belt T295.

'97 and previous were non-interference. Gates belt T255.

James L>

Reply to
Mike Behnke

Mike

The 3.5L was switched to interference in 1999. Gates belt T295

Thanks for the nice reply and reference.

Bob AZ

Reply to
RWatson767

I believe that when they started boosting the HP that the 3.5L made, the engine changes caused it to be an interference.

Reply to
Richard Benner Jr

Reply to
mic canic