2001 stratus rear-view mirror

The rear-view mirror in my 2001 Stratus has a button that tints it to reduce glare from headlights. I'm a big fan of this feature and have always had it in the 'on' position because I didn't think it would cause a problem. But last week I noticed the tint was going away at the edges of the mirror. It has since been spreading to the middle such that all the tint will probably be gone shortly.

Is this a common issue with such mirrors? Anyone know if the warranty will cover this?

Thanks.

Reply to
Steve White