Great rear-view mirror message

In the latest Mustang Monthly, on page 68, there is a spread on a 2001 Cobra convertible. Decent ride, but nothing overly exceptional.

HOWEVER, on small piece caught my eye. They have a close-up of the drivers side rear view mirror. Instead of the standard 'Objects in mirror are closer than they appear' blurb, this particular cobra has a custom message; 'OBJECTS IN MIRROR ARE LOSING'. I thought this was pretty funny, but I am also curious as to how this could be done. Could a custom mirror/glass shop make something like that up? To be specific, the lettering looks like it is done in the same fashion as the factory message; the lettering is embedded in the mirrors backing.

Reply to
cprice

" snipped-for-privacy@here.com" wrote in news:A1LLe.215981$5V4.44917@pd7tw3no:

Simple... sand/acid etched.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Spike

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

Gad shat fools these morons be....

Reply to
Spike

You can buy one here

Reply to
trotzo

Spike

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

Gad shat fools these morons be....

Reply to
Spike

Hahaha. Awesome. :)

I just gotta have one. Slightly tacky, but wth... :)

Reply to
cprice