2001 T&C speedometer

My mini has a problem ,it shows 0 miles an hour when driving but the odometer works fine.The van has only 20,000 miles on it and I am wondering if there is a reset to make it work again.I just acquired this van and any help would be great.Thanks in advance

Reply to
Dan

Sounds broken, and probably needs replaced. But...

I read somewhere there's a reset/recalibrate feature you can do to some of the displays. Don't know if it will work with yours, but if you got nothing to loose... Btw, I never tried this with mine, so I have no idea if this is correct. With the key off, hold down the trip reset. Turn the key on. Continue holding the trip reset until the display does something. Let go the trip reset.

Reply to
Mike Y

You got the procedure right as long as it is understood that where you said "Turn the key on", you mean to turn it to the Unlock position (that's the position between Off (steering wheel locked) and Run) - not to the run position. That's the way it works on the LH cars - would expect the minivans to work the same way.

But, I doubt if that will fix the OP's problem, unless the needle has flipped around to the back side of the zero pin.

Bill Putney